Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TOW 27 - Reflection

A lot has happened in the past school year, regarding life both within and outside of school. Within this class specifically I can definitely observe a notable improvement in my writing, outstanding in my TOWs. My early summer TOWs demonstrate my extreme effort to sound sophisticated as if I knew what I was talking about without yet taking the class. As the school year starts the texts take on a more simplistic style; I was trying to make sure I understood the basics of these rhetorical analyses before I went on to more eloquence. Towards the latter part of the year, you can notice more organization and better analysis of texts that demonstrate my growth and understanding of the topic compared to the beginning of the year. I think through this process I have mastered taking a piece of evidence, analyzing the rhetorical device, and then divulging on why that device is effective. There is still much I could do to improve, such as creating an effective hook and then a full-circle ending that expresses the, "So what?". These posts were helpful in the sense that they exposed me to different authors and genres while helping me to improve my analysis; however I feel it was a lengthy process that was never fully addressed in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment