Tuesday, April 22, 2014

IRB Intro Post: MP 4

Politics and feminism - two notions that have historically not meshed well together. Extraordinary, Ordinary People is a memoir of family and the autobiography of Condoleezza Rice detailing her life through the civil rights movement, her life in the world of politics, and her life in values and principles. With the daunting task of college essays on the horizon, a common question is "Describe your role model." A family member suggested I read this book as a stepping stone in order to determine the qualities I look for and value in others. Rice has always been a name in the back of my mine, along with her titles, but I've never thought of her as more than that; after hearing rave reviews of not only her life stories, but also her writing styles, I decided this book is definitely worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment